Big Surprise, I'm not God!

I remember helping my little Grandpa fix cars occasionally. There was nothing he couldn't fix. I don't ever recall him saying to me as a little boy, "Can you go ahead and replace that transmission for me?" So what did he do? He gave me a wrench to hold, a bolt to screw in. He knew my limitations. He loved the car too much to leave that all up to me. But more than that, he loved me too much to make it all about me. He loved me too much to give me too much. God is no different. God frees us from such a burden. Max Lucado puts it this way, "You can no more die for your own sins than you can solve world hunger. And according to him, that’s okay. The world doesn’t’ rely on you. God loves you too much to say it’s all about you."

Comments

Ellie Anderson said…
Hey how come I haven't got a comment on my blog just joking. Love you I hope you have been practicing the well you know. well I really miss you not being here in all you know.......
Well I have to go and eat dinner so love you please comment on my blog if you have the time God bless you.
Destiny said…
So, you finally posted:) It's really awesome that you have a blog. Check out my blog, and like Ellie said, leave a comment. JK, you don't have to if you don't want to:( Just go ahead and make me cry... Heehee:P Ok, I really miss y'all a LOT!!!! Come back up and visit soon.

Love ya,
-Destiny
Kenny Anderson said…
That's a good post. A little screwy or nutty though... ha ;). We could take the analogy a little further... We are not God but He does call us to rule an reign with Him. As babes in Christ we cannot change the transmission but as we grow in grace He teaches us how to change the transmission/culture. He has been given all authority but He also has "put all things under his feet and gave him (Christ) as head over all things to the church, which is his body..." (Eph 1) His yoke is indeed easy but we must keep learning how to use the wrench for the harvest is plentiful but the laborers are few.
T blog said…
so the fact that most of Gods people can't change transmissions, but a few like myself and little grandpa will get first in line at the gates of heaven :)~
Jason said…
thank you for your comments. Kenny you always did emphasize the works portion of our faith :) I would balance that out by adding... "work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is GOD WHO WORKS in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure" (Phil. 2:12-13).
Kenny Anderson said…
I was balancing you first. You can't balance out a balancer. Me emphasizing works - thats funny. I gave you your first tulip.
Jason said…
Kenny sounds like you traded in your tulips for daisies

Popular posts from this blog

Questions

Avoiding Poverty